Everyone thinks that the holidays are the time to make resolutions, and it’s a great time to start. But you don’t have to wait to take control of your happiness…Make resolutions all year long! Resolve to get healthy! Resolve to be fit! Resolve to be happy! YOU have the power!
Many times we don’t think about change, or wonder if there are problems we can address. However, as a nation we are paying for poor choices made over time…Approximately 60% of the United States is considered obese with increasing health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. The good news is there is a solution – YOU! It starts with one person making a change for themselves.
Here are several suggestions for a healthier and happier you:
- Make a workout plan, be it at a gym or at home.
- Don’t diet – make healthy food choices you can live with.
- Get support from family, and friends.
- Hire a personal trainer to help you with your goals.
- Make time for daily exercise, invest in yourself!
- Vary your workouts to prevent boredom and injuries.
- Make a meal plan. It doesn’t have to be elaborate.
- Purchase a calorie counter book to keep with you.
- Read labels and ask questions – know what you’re eating.
- Keep a food journal.
- Limit alcohol, fat, and sugar.
Commitment + Dedication + Perseverance = RESULTS! Don’t wait for the New Year to work on the New You….You can do it!