If you wish to have fresh and young looking skin there are many ways you can achieve this without expensive gadgets or exclusively designed anti wrinkle creams and facial products. It is possible to perk up tired looking skin and reduce wrinkles simply by giving yourself a facial massage.
If you have never received or given yourself a mini facial massage you are in for a treat. So shake your hands, stroke down your arms and settle down to take your face to the gym!
The following ten simple massage tips can be done any time during your day when you feel stressed and want to give yourself a quick pick me up. If you have time, first thing in the morning is a lovely time to awaken and stimulate your skin, or in the evening a gentle facial massage helps to sooth and unwind before you sleep.
If you can, try and drink a glass of warm water beforehand and sit in a quiet comfortable spot. If this isn’t possible, turn away from your computer and switch off your phone. As you give yourself a facial massage, stay focused on your breath and breathe slowly and deeply during your massage.
- Sit comfortably and rub your palms vigorously together for 30 seconds. Place your warmed palms over your face with your fingers on your forehead and the heels of your hands on your chin. Close your eyes, relax your shoulders, take a deep breath in and slowly breathe out. Repeat 3 – 5 times. This helps to calm and clear your mind.
- Next. Slowly and gently draw your hands towards your ears and rest your finger tips on your temples, just along and below your hairline. Breathe deeply in and out through your nose 3 – 5 times and relax your shoulders.
- Gently press your fingertips into the point at the outside edge of your eyes. Using small circular motions gently massage this area, making 5 – 10 small circles in both directions. This will relieve eye tension.
- Walk your fingers gently up and down the bridge of your nose. Focus on deep breathing as you do this.
- Open and close your mouth and make a long aah, ooh, eee, uu sound. Making small circles, gently rub your index and middle finger tips over your chin and around your mouth. This exercises the jaw and helps to prevent fine wrinkles developing around your mouth.
- Using the back of your hands, gently stroke under your chin and throat area.
- Using your thumbs and knuckles of your index fingers pinch close to the bone along your jaw line up to your ears – again, this helps to exercise your jaw muscles and firms and tones to prevent the saggy chin effect.
- Gently walk and pull your fingers around your ears and stroke your ear lobes, this exercise will stimulate and energize you.
- Gently glide your fingers softly under your eyes and press gently under your eyebrows.
- Finally, place one hand on your forehead and gently alternate stroking up your forehead from the bridge of your nose to your hairline and over your head. Close your eyes and focus on taking several deep breaths as you do this. Rest your hands on your lap and just enjoy the feelings of calm and peace flowing over you.
If you regularly practice these simple facial massage tips you will improve your complexion and over time have fresher and younger looking skin. Best of all you will have an instant healthy glow and be energized and calm.
Written by Ntathu Allen, Yoga and Meditation Teacher
Originally published at Ezine Articles