As humans, we are not just physical and emotional beings…we are spiritual beings. We must take care of all three components of ourselves, practicing compassion and balance in order to truly enjoy the gift of life to its fullest. The following is a list of ten simple ways to increase your life energy now, restore balance and find joy and peace amidst the world’s busy pace. We each have the power!
1. Breathe. Seems silly, but many of us do not notice our breath. Our breath is our LIFE, yet when we are stressed or rushed it is not uncommon to shallow our breathing which deprives our cells of precious oxygen. Take a moment right now to take a deep inhale of life giving oxygen all the way in through your nose and exhale all of the toxins out. Each breath cleans our bodies and nourishes our cells.
2. Get some fresh air. All day, every day! Fresh, circulating air…the smell of trees, the sounds of birds and leaves, the sun…these are here by no mistake. Our bio-rhythms depend on these elements. Everyone can make time for a few minutes outside between tasks, a walk or even simply opening a window. This simple act connects us the our environment, reminds us that we are all part of a greater whole, restores our energy and helps us establish and keep regular healthy sleep patterns.
3. Put yourself first. Sound selfish? Not at all! Putting yourself first doesn’t mean you are uncaring. It means you are caring for you and your well being. Without personal health we cannot put our best positive energy into all we do. It’s ok to say no, to stay in once in a while, take a hot bath instead of a phone call and to take care of your own needs first. When we are rested (mind & body) we can once again head out into the world as warriors to help those around us and contribute in a positive way. Even during the most hectic of days we can all find a few minutes to meditate. Allow yourself to be silent and still, push all the business out of your mind if even for just a few minutes. You deserve it!
4. Drink more water! Our bodies are primarily made of water! It cleanses our physical bodies, carries nutrients to our cells, give us energy…life! Start sipping when you wake up and sip throughout the day for increased energy and health. The fountain of youth lies in the fountain itself.
5. Eat more GREEN! Green is the color of life…life from the sun. Green is the color of chlorophyll, the green component of plants which is the material manifestation of the sun’s intangible energy. It is pure life and what we were designed to eat in abundance. Green vegetables, grasses, sea vegetables, etc in their raw form are alkaline substances which are vital for the maintenance of our bodies’ proper PH balance. Processed foods, chemicals, medications, environmental toxins, alcohol, meat, some grains and artificial ingredients are all acidic. So buffer your blood with pure green goodness…you won’t regret it!
6. Stretch, dance, move and play. We all know that exercise is essential to our well being, but often we put so much pressure on the act of “working out”. Just what we need…more “work”, right?! Lighten up! Take a walk, play with a pet, your kids, with a friend or spouse or by yourself. Break down the walls of rules and do whatever makes you feel happy and free. If you enjoy the gym, machines and dumbbells…go for it! Take a walk, dance, bang on a drum…or a pot…or the floor. Do yoga, tai chi, climb a tree…make up your own new ways to move. It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as it makes you feel good.
7. Smile. It has been proven that we smile, and laugh…we actually change our body chemistry! Try it throughout the day. Smile for no reason, by yourself, when talking on the phone, texting or writing a message. Not only will it make you feel good, but the person on the receiving end will reap the rewards as well.
8. Get rid of “stuff”. There is a strong tie between excess material clutter and emotional “stuff”. Start with a drawer, a purse or even just your wallet…or if you have time go for a closet, old boxes or a whole room! Toss out anything which no longer serves you. It’s just stuff. The memories are in your heart and it is a great opportunity to give. Arrange a trade off with friends, sell some items to a thrift store or donate them to a cause that means something to you. Enjoy the feelings of freedom when you free up some personal space…it will permeate your life on many levels.
9. UN-PLUG! So much technology…so much…ENERGY! We live in an age of “maximum overdrive”. We’re bombarded by frequencies, cell phones, televisions, iPods, blue tooth devices…I swear I can even HEAR the humming of electrical currents sometimes. WE are energy! Remember the term, “interference”? Have you ever had someone else’s phone conversation come through on your television or have your cell phone make your computer screen wonky? Interference! Take a break from the information overload. Besides, we are social creatures. We were meant to interact and have contact with one another. There is much to be said about a little human contact.
10. IMAGINE. As silly and as simple as it may sound, imagination was given to us for a reason. It is our light, our playful side…the place where we create dreams, visions…the things we hope and wish for. “Imagination is the mother of all invention”. Create a dream world with your imagination and visit it when you need a little re-charge. Paint, pencils, crafts, scrap books, vision boards, stones, oils, comic books, toys, hobbies…these are all tools of the imagination which is so important to our happiness. Be silly, be a kid again for a little bit, be FREE! The only rules and limits we have are the ones we put on ourselves.
“Don’t take life too seriously; you’ll never get out of it alive.”
– Bugs Bunny
– Bugs Bunny
Written by Nicole Ohrablo
Orginially published on Muscleandstrength.com
Orginially published on Muscleandstrength.com